Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, presented by Nextiva (3/8/21)
Chris Duarte, OREGON
Sr., G, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
• The Jerry West Shooting Guard of the Year finalist averaged 18.3 points on 57 percent shooting (17-30), including 58 percent behind the arc (7-12), along with 4.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists to help Oregon go 3-0 and clinch its second consecutive Pac-12 regular-season title.
• Also went 14-of-16 at the foul line (88 percent).
• Opened week with 22 points (7-10 FG, 4-5 3FG) and seven rebounds in Monday win over Arizona, then added 23 points (7-12 FG, 8-10 FT) in Wednesday win over UCLA.
• Capped week with 10 points and six assists in Sunday’s wire-to-wire win at Oregon State.
• Second Player of the Week honor of the season and fourth of his career, equaling the most ever in Oregon program history (Dillon Brooks, Blair Rasmussen).
ALSO NOMINATED: James Akinjo, Arizona; McKinley Wright IV, Colorado; Warith Alatishe, Oregon State; Tahj Eaddy, USC; Timmy Allen, Utah.
Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (3/8/21)
Evan Mobley, USC
Fr., F, Murrieta, Calif.
• Averaged 11.5 points on 53 percent shooting (10-19) along with 9.5 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 2.5 assists as USC posted two wins to conclude the regular season with a Conference-best 21 overall victories.
• Extended his Conference-record Freshman of the Week total to seven.
• Capped regular season with his league-leading 10th double-double with 13 points and 11 rebounds along with three blocks in Saturday win over UCLA.
• Went for 10 points, eight boards, three assists and two blocks in just 26 minutes in Wednesday rout of Stanford.
• The Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Center of the Year finalist was last week named a Naismith Trophy semifinalist and to the final ballot for the Wooden Award.
ALSO NOMINATED: Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona; Jabari Walker, Colorado; Pelle Larsson, Utah.