Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Player & Freshman of the Week, presented by Nextiva (2/8/21)
Evan Mobley, USC
Fr., F, Murrieta, Calif.
• Averaged a double-double of 16.0 points and 10.0 rebounds along with 3.0 blocks in a 2-0 week that lifted USC into a tie for first place in the Pac-12 standings.
• Second to win both Player and Freshman awards in the same week (O. Okongwu, 11/25/19); fifth Freshman of the Week honor is most since award’s creation in 2019-20.
• Scored a game-high 23 points on 8-of-13 shooting and perfect 7-of-7 at the foul line in road win at Stanford, the Trojans’ first win at Maples Pavilion in six tries.
• Added 11 rebounds against the Cardinal for his league-leading eighth double-double of the season. Mobley’s eight double-doubles are the second-most among NCAA Division I freshmen (N. Omier, Arkansas St. – 10).
• Narrowly missed another double-double with nine points and nine rebounds along with four blocks and team-high three assists in upset of then-No. 21 UCLA which moved USC into a first-place tie with the Bruins.
ALSO NOMINATED (PLAYER): Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona; Matt Bradley, California; Evan Battey, Colorado; Eugene Omoruyi, Oregon; Zach Reichle, Oregon State; Oscar da Silva, Stanford; Timmy Allen, Utah.
ALSO NOMINATED (FRESHMAN): Azuolas Tubelis, Arizona; Jalen Terry, Oregon; Michael O’Connell, Stanford; Mac Etienne, UCLA; DJ Rodman, Washington State.