PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Japreece Dean, Sr., G, UCLA (Austin, Texas)
3 GP, 34.7mpg, 16.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5.7 apg, 1.0 spg, 21-39 (.538) FG, 6-12 (.500) 3FG
• Averaged 16.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 5.7 assists in No. 11 UCLA’s victories over Yale (Nov. 26), UCF (Nov. 30), and Virginia (73-62) last week.
• Recorded her first-career triple-double (20 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists) in the Bruins’ win over Yale, becoming just the sixth UCLA player to notch a triple-double and the first since Jordin Canada in 2017.
• Logged 39 minutes in the team’s victory over UCF, tallying 19 points on 7-for-12 (.583) shooting with four three-pointers on the night.
• Helped to secure UCLA’s perfect week with 11 points, three rebounds, and three assists in the win at Virginia.
• This is Dean’s first-career Player of the Week award and UCLA’s 59th all-time.
Also nominated: Aari McDonald, ARIZ, Jaelyn Brown, CAL; Emma Clarke, COLO Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Nadia Fingall, STAN; Angel Jackson, USC Amber Melgoza, WASH; Chanelle Molina, WSU.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Haley Jones, Fr., G, Stanford (Santa Cruz, Calif.)
3 GP, 29.0 mpg, 13.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 bpg, 15-29 (.517) FG
• Put up 13.3 points and 4.7 rebounds per game in No. 1 Stanford’s victories over Cal Baptist (Nov. 28), then-No. 18 Syracuse (Nov. 29), and then-No. 10 Mississippi State (Nov. 30), helping lead the Cardinal to the Greater Victoria Invitational title.
• Named to the all-tournament team, leading Stanford in scoring.
• 19 points on 7-for-12 (.583) shooting in the Cardinal’s win over Syracuse, going a perfect 4-for-4 from the line and adding a three-pointer in the effort.
• Notched season-bests in rebounds (8) and assists (4) against Mississippi State, adding 13 points.
• This is the first Freshman of the Week honor for Jones and the 10th all-time for Stanford.
Also nominated: Mara Mote, ARIZ; Eboni Walker, ASU; Cailyn Crocker, CAL; Charlotte Whittaker, COLO; Kennedy Brown, OSU; Charisma Osborne, UCLA; Angel Jackson, USC; Brynna Maxwell, UTAH.