The NCAA announced Tuesday the 74 men and 74 women from 21 schools selected to participate in the 2017 NCAA Skiing Championships to be held March 8-11 at Cannon Mountain in Franconia, N.H. and Jackson Ski Touring Center in Jackson, N.H.
The University of Colorado qualified a full 12-skier squad, one of seven schools to do so. Of those seven, five came out of the west (Alaska Anchorage, Denver, New Mexico and Utah join Colorado) and two from the east (Dartmouth and Vermont).
CU is fielding a veteran squad as the Buffaloes seek their 21st national championship in program history. Of the 12 skiers who qualified, nine of them have competed in the NCAA Championships prior to this year.
The last three times (2015, 2013, 2011) the NCAA Championships were held back east, Colorado took home the title and actually six of CU's last eight national championships have been won back east. That includes the 1995 national championships also held in Jackson, N.H.
• Nora Christensen, sophomore, women's alpine
• Isabella Fidjeland, freshman, women's alpine
• Jackson Hill, senior, men's nordic
• Petra Hyncicova, junior, women's nordic
• Ola Johansen, sophomore, men's alpine
• David Ketterer, freshman, men's alpine
• Jesse Knori, senior, women's nordic
• Max Luukko, sophomore, men's alpine
• Petter Reistad, sophomore, men's nordic
• Christina Rolandsen, sophomore, women's nordic
• Mads Stroem, senior, men's nordic
• Tonje Trulsrud, sophomore, women's alpine