Villanova retained its No. 1 ranking for a third consecutive week, yet the poll still experienced a significant shakeup as 15 of last week's top 25, including five of the top 10, suffered at least one loss.
Here is how I voted for this week (week of Feb. 22), with each team's actual ranking in parenthesis.
1. Villanova (1): Wildcats made it seven wins in a row and 16 out of 17 by holding serve against Temple and Butler. A huge showdown awaits Wednesday night at Xavier.
2. Kansas (2): Jayhawks defeated Oklahoma State and Kansas State to take a commanding two-game lead atop the Big 12. Yet anything can still happen with a run of final four regular season games that includes road dates against Texas and Baylor and home games against Texas Tech and Iowa State.
3. Virginia (t-3): The Cavaliers are holding opponents to just 59.5 points per game while committing a low total of 9.5 turnovers a game. But Cavaliers fell just short in another big challenge Monday night at Miami.
4. Oklahoma (t-3): Sooners stopped a run of three losses in four games with an impressive victory against West Virginia.
5. Xavier (5): A win against then-No. 23 Providence and Georgetown moved the Musketeers up three spots and sets up a top-five battle at home Wednesday night against Villanova.
6. North Carolina (7): Tar Heels rebounded from a tough one-point loss against rival Duke to dismantle Miami by 25 points.
7. Michigan State (6): Spartans begin the week two and a half games behind Big Ten-leading Indiana with three teams between them but will face a favorable schedule down the stretch.
8. Maryland (10): Terrapins nearly suffered a third-consecutive loss against Michigan and still has to face road dates and Purdue and Indiana down the stretch.
9. Miami (Fla.) (12): Hurricanes' five-game winning streak ended in emphatic fashion at North Carolina, but Miami rebounded with an impressive win Monday against Virginia.
10. Iowa (8): Last week's loss at Penn State was as stunner. Hawkeyes throttled Nittany Lions by 24 points just two weeks earlier.
11. Arizona (9): Coach Sean Miller lit into his team when the Wildcats' 49-game home win streak was snapped by Oregon. Arizona is 6-0 since with road dates looming against CU and Utah.
12. Louisville (11): Big week for Cardinals included wins against Syracuse and Duke, but three of the final four are on the road, including dates at Miami and Virginia.
13. West Virginia (14): Losses against ranked teams usually aren't alarming, but a loss Monday against Iowa State would give the Mountaineers three straight losses and defeats in four of five.
14. Oregon (13): Ducks routed rival Oregon State to keep pace atop the Pac-12 with Arizona, and Oregon gets Washington State and Washington at home this week.
15. Kentucky (16): Wildcats once again taking on the look of a team that will be dangerous come tourney time, even with Saturday's dramatic overtime loss at Texas A&M.
16. Indiana (18): No doubt the Big Ten race will come down to the wire. After facing Illinois this week, Hoosiers finish at Iowa and home against Maryland.
17. Purdue (20): After losing to rival Indiana, Boilermakers get Maryland at home later this week.
18. Texas A&M (21): Aggies returned to the poll after their dramatic overtime win against Kentucky.
19. Baylor (19): Bears enjoyed a huge week with wins against ranked foes from West Virginia and Baylor.
20. Iowa State (17): The demanding Big 12 schedule has taken a toll on Cyclones, who are 3-4 in their past seven heading into their Monday night battle against West Virginia.
21. SMU (24): A regular-season title in the American Athletic Conference is all the tournament-banned Mustangs have to play for, and they sit one game behind Temple with four games to play.
22. Texas (25): Despite a loss against Baylor over the weekend, surprising Longhorns have more than held their own in the top-heavy Big 12.
23. Duke (15): I felt as if Duke's week was a bit of a wash, with a win against North Carolina and a loss against Louisville. Voters generally thought more of the Blue Devils, as they moved up five spots.
24. Notre Dame (23): Georgia Tech cooled the red-hot Irish, who dropped four spots.
25. Utah (22): Look out for the Utes, who are making a push for the Pac-12 regular season crown. Utah has won nine of 11 as the Arizona teams roll through town.
OUT (my poll): Dayton, Providence.
IN: Texas, Utah.