The rotation was actually sent to schools last year, but the full rotation was published by the San Jose Mercury News on Tuesday.
Although the dates of the future games won't be announced until those years, teams at least know who they will play.
Colorado also has its non-conference slate filled up through 2024, with some dates filled as far out as 2028.
Attached is a look at CU's future schedules. A few notable items:
1. The CSU games in 2023 and 2024 are in red because those dates are not official and no contract has been signed between the schools. However, the athletic directors at both schools have told Buffzone that there is a handshake agreement to play those games, and it's just a matter of drawing up and signing the contract.
2. It's impossible to predict at this point how good any team will be 3-4-5 years down the road (or more), but give CU credit for scheduling Power 5 opponents. Starting this year with a trip to Nebraska, the Buffs have at least one Power 5 non-conference opponent for the next 11 years. In fact, of the 27 non-conference games scheduled between now and 2028, 16 are against Power 5 teams.
3. From 2012-17, only one of CU's 19 non-conference games was against a Power 5 opponent (2016 at Michigan), with five against FCS teams. Of course, that "weaker" slate was a result of transitioning from the Big 12 to the Pac-12. When the Buffs did that, they had to cancel some non-conference agreements with teams like Oregon and Arizona State. With Power 5 teams having their schedules booked, the Buffs had to find some other teams to fill the gaps.
4. When Nebraska comes to Folsom Field on Sept. 7, 2019, it'll mark the first time CU has hosted a non-conference game against a Power 5 opponent since Cal came to Boulder on Sept. 10, 2011.
5. In 2021, CU will have seven games at Folsom Field - including non-conference dates with Texas A&M and Minnesota. The last time the Buffs had seven games in Boulder was in 1982 - Bill McCartney's first season as head coach.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at email@example.com or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.