Stanford and Washington have asserted themselves in the North, but Washington State is still in the running. USC and Arizona are atop the South, but Arizona State isn't out of it.
We will get some clarity this week, however, with Stanford facing Washington State and USC hosting Arizona.
Going into week No. 10, here's a look at my updated Pac-12 rankings:
1. Washington (7-1, 4-1 Pac-12; last week: 1): The Huskies rolled past UCLA last week to bounce back from their loss to ASU.
2. USC (7-2, 5-1; last week: 4): Following a 35- point non-conference loss to Notre Dame, the Trojans dominated Arizona State on the road.
3. Arizona (6-2, 4-1; last week: 5): Arizona's defense isn't very good, but it hasn't mattered, because nobody has been able to stop quarterback Khalil Tate, who has led the Wildcats to four straight wins.
4. Stanford (6-2, 5-1; last week: 2): Without Bryce Love, the Cardinal needed an improbable fumble recovery in the final minutes to knock off last-place Oregon State. But it was a win.
5. Washington State (7-2, 4-2; last week: 3): Just like everyone else that's faced Tate, the Cougars had no answer for him last week.
6. Arizona State (4-4, 3-2; last week: 6): Despite a 31-point loss, the Sun Devils stay here. Mainly because nobody below them is stepping up.
8. Oregon (5-4, 2-4; last week: 10): The Ducks snapped a three-game skid with a nice win against Utah.
9. Colorado (5-4, 2-4; last week: 11): The Buffs played their best game of the year in beating Cal, proving again that they can beat the bottom feeders.
10. California (4-5, 1-5; last week: 9): Cal couldn't hang with CU last week, but they've still managed to stay with - or beat - some of the top teams.
11. Utah (4-4, 1-4; last week: 8): The wheels have fallen a bit for the Utes, who have lost four in a row and find themselves in danger of a losing season for the first time since 2013.
12. Oregon State (1-7, 0-5; last week: 12): For the past two weeks under interim coach Cory Hall, they've played inspired and lost by a total of just four points.
Week 10 predictions
Colorado at Arizona State: Great game for CU last week against Cal, but the Buffs have never had fun at ASU. Prediction: Arizona State.
UCLA at Utah: The Utes' season is spiraling out of control with four straight losses. They have to get back on track this week against a UCLA team that's been shaky. Prediction: Utah.
Stanford at Washington State: Bryce Love is questionable to play in this one. Stanford was not very good without him last week. If he can't go, hard to see the Cardinal getting the win. Even if he plays, though, Washington State's tough to beat at home. Prediction: Washington State.
Oregon State at California: The bottom of the North is at stake in Berkeley. OSU has played better of late, but Cal's been the better team all year. Prediction: California.
Oregon at Washington: Ducks got a much-needed win last week against Utah, but the Huskies are a whole different challenge. Prediction: Washington.
Arizona at USC: No question, the game of the week in the Pac-12, as upstart Arizona gets its toughest test. No one has been able to stop Khalil Tate, but nobody else has had the type of athletes the Trojans have. Prediction: USC.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at email@example.com or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.