First off, let's look at the true freshmen that have played, those that haven't, and a couple of veterans that are looking like redshirts.
A list of the true freshmen we've seen already this season:
WR K.D. Nixon
TE Jared Poplawski
WR Laviska Shenault Jr.
PK James Stefanou
OLB Jacob Callier
LB Nate Landman
OLB Dante Sparaco
True freshmen that have not played (16 total):
QB: Tyler Lytle
RB: Alex Fontenot
WR: Maurice Bell, Jaylon Jackson
OL: Chance Lytle, Jake Moretti, Heston Paige, Grant Polley, Colby Pursell, William Sherman
DL: Terrance Lang
LB: Chase Newman, Jonathan Van Diest, Carson Wells
CB: Chris Miller
S: Isaiah Lewis
First-year JUCO transfers that have not played
CB Kevin George: MacIntyre has said George will redshirt unless there are injuries at corner.
OLB Shamar Hamilton: Out for the season with a knee injury.
Veterans that have not played and could redshirt
WR Kabion Ento
RB Donovan Lee
Ento and Lee are both slated to redshirt, unless there are enough injuries that make it necessary for them to play.
Other notes for today:
- Unofficially, Bryce Bobo leads all CU receivers with 22 targets. In fact, he has more catches (15) than anyone else has targets. Shay Fields is second with 14 targets (11 catches) and Devin Ross third with 12 (6 catches). Nobody else has been targeted more than four times.
- Sticking with targets, it's interesting that Bobo, Fields and Ross have had the same number of targets in each game.Bobo has 11 targets in each game, Fields has seven and Ross has six.Advertisement
- Coming into today, CU is one of just three FBS teams in the country that have yet to allow a touchdown. The other two are Air Force and Clemson.
- Phillip Lindsay needs just 6 rushing attempts to become the 11th player in CU history with 500 career carries.
- Rick Gamboa is 5 tackles away from 200 for his career.
- The last CU player to reach five sacks within the first three games of a season was Abraham Wright in 2006. Leo Jackson III comes into today with four sacks on the season.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.