1. Alabama (2-0; Last week: 1; AP: 1): Tide rolled past Fresno State and may be able to coast for a few more weeks.
2. USC (2-0; Last week: 3; AP: 4): After finishing strong in Week 1, the Trojans dominated a very good Stanford team.
3. Oklahoma (2-0; Last week: 4; AP: 2): Aside from Alabama beating Florida State in Week 1, Oklahoma's 31-16 win at Ohio State was the best win of the season so far.
4. Penn State (2-0; Last week: 5; AP: 5): Convincing win against rival Pitt, as the Nittany Lions are on a roll early.
5. Ohio State (1-1; Last week: 2; AP: 8): Buckeyes didn't look good against Oklahoma, but they're still one of the best in the country.
6. Florida State (0-1; Last week: 6; AP: 11): Seminoles had an unplanned week off because of Irma. They'll have another bye this week.
7. Washington (2-0; Last week: 7; AP: 6): Huskies looked dominant in a rout of Montana.
8. Oklahoma State (2-0; Last week: 8; AP: 9): Cowboys off to a great start against a couple of easy opponents. Next few weeks much tougher.
9. LSU (2-0; Last week: 9; AP: 12): Tigers' defense has been impressive so far this season.
10. Clemson (2-0; Last week: 10; AP: 3): I should have given the Tigers more credit for a solid, 14-6 win against Auburn and moved them up a few spots.
11. Michigan (2-0; Last week: 11; AP: 7): Nice win against Cincy for the Wolverines.
12. Wisconsin (2-0; Last week: 12; AP: 10): Badgers did what they needed to beat Florida Atlantic.
13. Kansas State (2-0; Last week 15; AP: 18): Easy win against Charlotte for the Wildcats.
14. Louisville (2-0; Last week: 17; AP: 14): A good win last week at North Carolina, setting up the showdown with Clemson.
15. Georgia (2-0; Last week: 20; AP: 13): Bulldogs went on the road to South Bend and stole one from the Irish.
16. Auburn (1-1; Last week: 14; AP: 15): Offense needs to get rolling, but no shame in losing at Clemson.
17. Miami (1-0; Last week: 16; AP: 17): Hurricanes one of several teams to have their game canceled last week.
18. Virginia Tech (2-0; Last week: 19; AP: 16): Nothing flashy, but a nice 27-0 win against Delaware for the Hokies.
19. Stanford (1-1; Last week: 13; AP: 19): Cardinal got pushed around a lot at USC. That won't happen much this year.
20. TCU (2-0; Last week: 22) ; AP: 20): Impressive performance to go into Arkansas and win 28-7.
21. Florida (0-1; Last week: 18; AP: 24): Gators had their game against Northern Colorado canceled.
22. South Florida (2-0; Last week: 21; AP: 22): Bulls also had a game postponed because of weather.
23. Tennessee (2-0; Last week: 23; AP: 23): Vols got an easy win against Indiana State.
24. Colorado (2-0; Last week: 24; AP: N/R): Defense has been very good in the early going.
25. Oregon (2-0; Last week: 25; AP: N/R): Ducks held on and got a nice win against Nebraska.
Didn't quite make the cut - my next 5:
26. UCLA (2-0; Last week: N/R; AP: 25): Backed up the Week 1 miracle comeback by routing Hawaii.
27. Washington State (2-0; Last week: N/R; AP: 21): Cougars were well on their way to getting blown out at home by Boise State, before the Broncos gift-wrapped a victory. Still, credit the Cougs for making plays down the stretch.
28. Utah (2-0; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R): Utes edged rival BYU - which isn't very good - but it's still a nice road win.
29. South Carolina (2-0; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R): Gamecocks rolled past Missouri. They are one of just two teams in the country (also Louisville) with two wins against Power 5 opponents.
30. West Virginia (1-1; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R: After close, tough loss to Virginia Tech in opener, Mountaineers dominated East Carolina.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at firstname.lastname@example.org or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.