1. Alabama (1-0; Last week: 1; AP: 1): Impressive opening win against Florida State.
2. Ohio State (1-0; Last week: 3; AP: 2): Started slow, but finished strong against Indiana.
3. USC (1-0; Last week: 4; AP: 6): Lackluster performance at home against Western Michigan, but the Trojans pulled away late.
4. Oklahoma (1-0; Last week: 5; AP: 5): Easy opener for the Sooners against UTEP.
5. Penn State (1-0; Last week: 6; AP: 4): Nittany Lions were impressive in an easy win over Akron.
6. Florida State (0-1; Last week: 2; AP: 10): Many voters dropped the 'Noles lower because of the season-ending injury to QB Deondre Francois. I'd rather see if they're worse with freshman James Blackman before assuming they will be.
7. Washington (1-0; Last week: 7; AP: 7): Ho-hum opener at Rutgers. Not impressive, but the Huskies got a road win.
8. Oklahoma State (1-0; Last week: 8; AP: 11): The Cowboys were as explosive as expected in beating Tulsa.
9. LSU (1-0; Last week: 9; AP: 12): Tigers still know how to play defense, as they shut out BYU.
10. Clemson (1-0; Last week: 10; AP: 3): Very impressive opener for the defending champs in routing Kent State.
11. Michigan (1-0; Last week: 14; AP: 8): Taking on - and beating - a quality opener pushed the Wolverines ahead of a few others for me this week.
13. Stanford (1-0; Last week: 12; AP: 14): The Cardinal were impressive, but it was against Rice.
14. Auburn (1-0; Last week: 13; AP: 13): Like most other top teams, the Tigers took on a cupcake and rolled.
15. Kansas State (1-0; Last week 16; AP: 19): The Wildcats made quick work of Central Arkansas.
16. Miami (1-0; Last week: 17; AP: 16): Yet another easy win for a top 20 team, as the 'Canes rolled Bethune-Cookman.
17. Louisville (1-0; Last week: 18; AP: 17): It wasn't easy for the Cardinals, but they got a nice win against Purdue to open the year.
18. Florida (0-1; Last week: 15; AP: 22): Gators didn't look very good in the opener against Michigan.
19. Virginia Tech (1-0; Last week: 22; AP: 18): It took all 60 minutes, but the Hokies joined Alabama and Michigan on the list of teams with the most impressive wins, beating West Virginia.
20. Georgia (1-0; Last week: 19; AP: 15): No surprise, as the Bulldogs raced past Appalachian State.
21. South Florida (2-0; Last week: 20; AP: 21): Bulls haven't been overly impressive so far, but they are 2-0.
22. TCU (1-0; Last week: 21) ; AP: 23): An easy 63-0 romp of Jackson State.
23. Tennessee (1-0; Last week: 23; AP: 25): It went OT, but the Vols rallied to get past Georgia Tech. They'll need to be better to stay here.
24. Colorado (1-0; Last week: 24; AP: N/R): Fast strong, blah finish, but the Buffs knocked off rival Colorado State.
25. Oregon (1-0; Last week: 25; AP: N/R): The Ducks' offense looked mighty impressive in the opener, although it was against Southern Utah.
Didn't quite make the cut - my next 5:
26. Arkansas (1-0; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R): Razorbacks routed Florida A&M to tune up for a date with TCU.
27. UCLA (1-0; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R): The comeback win against Texas A&M was sensational, but hard to forget how awful the Bruins looked in falling behind 44-10.
28. Utah (1-0; Last week: N/R; AP: N/R): Utes looked good in their debut against North Dakota.
29. Washington State (1-0; Last week: N/R; AP: 20): Hey, the Cougars finally beat an FCS team!
30. Notre Dame (1-0; Last week: N/R; AP: 24): Great win against Temple for the Irish. The road gets tougher from here.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at email@example.com or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.