1. Alabama (2-0) - Nick Saban didn't like the performance on Saturday against Western Kentucky, but this is the best team in the country so far.
2. Florida State (2-0) - I moved the Seminoles up a spot this week. They've looked great in wins over Ole Miss and Charleston Southern.
3. Clemson (2-0) - My preseason No. 1, I've moved the Tigers down a notch both weeks. A close win at Auburn in Week 1 is one thing; a close win at home against Troy is another. Tigers need to get it rolling.
4. Ohio State (2-0) - Two easy opponents and two easy wins for the Buckeyes.
5. Michigan (2-0) - Same as Ohio State, the Wolverines have shredded a couple of patsies so far.
6. Stanford (1-0) - Cardinal had a bye last week and jump into Pac-12 play against USC this week.
7. Tennessee (2-0) - Vols rebounded from a Week 1 clunker to roll past Virginia Tech.
8. Houston (2-0) - Easy one for the Cougars in Week 2, routing Lamar.
9. Oklahoma (1-1) - After losing to Houston in Week 1, the Sooners tuned up for Ohio State by crushing Louisiana-Monroe.
10. Michigan State (1-0) - Spartans had a bye, but moved up a spot for me after the TCU loss.
11. Washington (2-0) - Not sure how good this team is just yet, but they've been impressive against a couple of weak opponents.
13. Texas (2-0) - Longhorns finally have a QB and they're poised for a big season.
14. Notre Dame (1-1) - Nice rebound week for the Irish, who beat Nevada after the loss to Texas.
15. Baylor (2-0) - Another team that we're not really sure how good they are, but they once again put up big numbers against an easy non-conference foe.
16. Miami (2-0) - Hurricanes haven't been tested yet, but have looked good in both wins.
17. Wisconsin (2-0) - Badgers crushed Akron to move to 2-0.
18. LSU (1-1) - After the opening loss to Wisconsin, the Tigers went home to beat Jacksonville State.
19. San Diego State (2-0) - Aztecs have an easy schedule, but passed one of their toughest tests last week in outlasting Cal, 45-40.
20. Texas A&M (2-0) - Easy day for the Aggies in a 67-0 win over Prairie View A&M.
21. Iowa (2-0) - Gotta love what the Hawkeyes did in a rivalry game, routing Iowa State, 42-3.
22. Louisville (2-0) - I've got the 10th-ranked Cardinals lower than other voters. I like this team, but they've beat nobody to this point. This week vs. Florida State will be a true test.
23. Arkansas (2-0) - I'm not sure about this team yet, but the Razorbacks beat a very good TCU team on the road last week.
24. Georgia (2-0) - I dropped the Bulldogs from 20 to 24 this week after they barely beat FCS Nicholls State at home.
25. TCU (1-1) - Horned Frogs haven't played any defense yet and it cost them against Arkansas.
Oklahoma State (1-1) - Tough loss for the Cowboys, losing to Central Michigan on a play that never should have happened. Still, that was a game the Cowboys should have put away early.
Knocking on the door
The three teams I have next in line for a Top 25 spot
UCLA (1-1) - Hasn't been the best start for the Bruins, but I still think this is a very good team. Next two weeks - at BYU, home vs. Stanford - will prove a lot.
Oregon (2-0) - Ducks are ranked No. 22 this week, but I've got to see more than just beating UC Davis and Virginia. This week, they play at Nebraska.
Nebraska (2-0) - Huskers have had an easy time against Fresno State and Wyoming, but now face a good Oregon team. There's a good chance the winner of that game will be in the my top 25 next week.
How about the Buffs?
Colorado received 2 points in this week's poll - both coming from Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald, who has CU at No. 24. While the Buffs (2-0) have been impressive in beating Colorado State and Idaho State by a combined 100-14, I think they need to do more to prove they are a Top 25 team. I love what they've done to this point, and it's been huge for this program to get off to this start, but on a national level, all they've done is rout a couple of teams they're supposed to rout. After 10 consecutive losing seasons, CU has to prove it can beat somebody of note first. The Buffs will get that chance this week at No. 4 Michigan. Beat the Wolverines, and I'll have CU in my Top 25 next week.
Contact staff writer Brian Howell at email@example.com or twitter.com/BrianHowell33.